Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org> on 2016/02/05 22:07:32 UTC

Concerns about PR208 was Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Zeppelin from the Incubator

On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 2:37 AM Amos Elberg <am...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Since subtlety has not worked, I will now be blunter.
>
> The reason PR 208 has been delayed since August is that Felix Cheung
> demanded that I credit him as a co-author even though he hadn't done
> any work.
>
> When I refused, Felix privately contacted Moon, who is his friend, and
> claimed the PR contained Felix' intellectual property.  Moon then held
> the PR at Felix' request.

I found out what happened after I pursued Moon to ask why the PR had
> been ignored.  When he told me what happened, I had to offer e-mail
> chains and commit logs to prove that Felix was lying.
>
> Since then, its been one bogus, junk reason for delay after another.
> For a while, this seems to be because Moon wanted to give Felix time to
> produce a competing implementation.  Except, Felix wasn't able to do
> it. I caught him trying to pass-off code he'd stolen as his own, with
> Moon (who should have known) present.
>
> When I confronted Moon he told me, basically, "don't rock our boat."
>
> If anyone has any doubt about whether what I've said is true, I have the
> email chains, the commit logs, the chat records...

Please don't be ridiculous.

You also emailed me privately at that time and I said i can not judge who
is laying, because of i'm not a judge and not capable of. Instead I made
you and Felix say sorry and thanks each other and move forward.

And you and felix both agreed on the email.

You can complain and blame someone for next 10 years,
Or you can move forward.

Up to you.

> I believe the reason PRs have been delayed is that they conflicted with
> other goals of either NFLabs, or friends of committers. Such as security
> PRs, when NFlabs offers multi-user functionality commercially and outside
> the project.

I work in NFLabs so i can answer.

NFLabs multi-user functionality (
https://github.com/NFLabs/z-manager/tree/master/multitenancy), NFLabs is
not selling / supporting it commercially.
I'm not sure why you think NFLabs benefit by not doing security in
Zeppelin. Actually, NFLabs business benefit a lot when Zeppelin features
security and become enterprise ready. Because of NFLabs business is based
on adoption of Zeppelin. Not a feature of Zeppelin.

Best,
moon

Re: Concerns about PR208 was Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Zeppelin from the Incubator

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Sure,

Let me get some fresh air and think in different point of view.

Thanks Roman for call a time out and taking care of.

Best,
moon

Posted by Alexander Bezzubov <bz...@apache.org>.
Guys,

if somebody could help with first issues from the list in [PR208](
https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/pull/208#issuecomment-181624753)
I'll be happy to help with CI issues over the coming weekend.

Please let me know what you guys think - we need to move on all together
and enable R in Zeppelin as users a waiting for it.

--
Alex

Posted by Amos Elberg <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.