Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Alan Gerhard <al...@gercom.com> on 2004/02/15 17:02:10 UTC

Last update 2002 ?

The following is from
http://james.apache.org/todo.html

This is a living document that will give new and existing volunteers some areas
where we need help. As always, any help is appreciated, be it documentation,
code, suggestions, or feedback. Last Updated 10 December 2002.

Is this still the current To-Do list ?

Re: Last update 2002 ?

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>It would help to have us weed out what's already done on this page, or
>>at least mark an "as of version".  Otherwise I'm happy to take the
>>scratch-your-itch approach to development and see where it takes us. :)
>
> Should we start to migrate the todo.xml content to a JIRA Roadmap?

For some things... there are big picture items (e.g., IMAP) that are
really beyond a scope of issues in JIRA.

Maybe extract manageable tasks into JIRA for roadmap, and then call this
a food-for-thought document?

--
Serge Knystautas
President

RE: Last update 2002 ?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> It would help to have us weed out what's already done on this page, or
> at least mark an "as of version".  Otherwise I'm happy to take the
> scratch-your-itch approach to development and see where it takes us. :)

Should we start to migrate the todo.xml content to a JIRA Roadmap?

	--- Noel

Re: Last update 2002 ?

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Alan Gerhard wrote:
> The following is from
> http://james.apache.org/todo.html
>
> This is a living document that will give new and existing volunteers some areas
> where we need help. As always, any help is appreciated, be it documentation,
> code, suggestions, or feedback. Last Updated 10 December 2002.
>
> Is this still the current To-Do list ?

As you can probably guess, not very actively maintained.  Some parts
have definitely already been addressed, and a lot of this is just
dreaming big.