Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/06 21:35:38 UTC

BouncyCastle version different from Maven and Ant builds

Hi,
while working on OWASP stuff I have found that Maven dependency of
BouncyCastle is newer than the one in the Ant configuration.
The same is on branch-3.5.
On branch-3.4 we have bouncycastle only on Maven (I am sending a patch
for this one)

see:
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/blob/af741cb319d4760cfab1cd3b560635adacd8deca/pom.xml#L279
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/blob/af741cb319d4760cfab1cd3b560635adacd8deca/build.xml#L47

I wil be happy to send a patch, but we should decide for a roadmap

This makes me think we should step out of this dual-configuration as
soon as possible.

Enrico

Re: BouncyCastle version different from Maven and Ant builds

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Enrico, please try to get BouncyCastle versions is sync by upgrading the
Ant version. It's used only for testing, shouldn't do any harm.
I agree that dual build system cannot work on the long run. Once you guys
finished the Maven migration, we'll start decomissioning the Ant build.

Andor

Posted by Norbert Kalmar <nk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Wow, nice catch, thanks!