Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by "Craig A. Vanderborgh" <cr...@voxware.com> on 2006/01/21 00:44:31 UTC

WE LOVE IBATIS!

Hello Ibatis-Land:

We tried them all.  First OJB, then Hibernate, and we wound up finding
out the best option last - IBATIS.

A year ago, we were naive Pojo-persistence beginners, and fell into
usual the Hibernate trap pretty quickly.  Complex code configuration
with Middlegen, a gratuitously complicated data model, and the bloat and
complexity that personifies Hibernate led us into a year-long period of
darkness.

But Spring came early, in the form of a completely redone, simplified
data model based on Spring DAO using Spring's Ibatis support (Spring
class SqlMapClientDaoSupport).

The results are - quite frankly - astonishing.  So simple, yet so
powerful and easy-to-modify.  Ibatis works perfectly, even for BLOBs,
CLOBs, and the rest.  IBATIS has dealt with our demanding application
effectively and quickly with only a small amount of development effort
invested thus far.  The resulting Ibatis maps are simple and clear, and
easy to understand and modify.  And our performance is over 30% better
than what we were seeing with sleepy Hibernate, all other things being
equal.

So we would like to thank the Ibatis team, from the bottom of our
hearts, for producing such a useful, clean, performant, and
well-thought-out persistence mechanism for Java.  Quite simply, IBATIS
is the best.

Hats off to the IBATIS team!!

Sincerely,
craig vanderborgh