Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by arnaud <ba...@teamlog.com> on 2003/02/13 09:55:06 UTC

newbies : problem with sitemap.xmap

hi

i got a problem with cocoon 2
i would like to serve static page

so i write sitemap.xmap like this

<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
  <map:components>
    <map:generators>
  <map:generator name="serverpages"
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator"/>
</map:generators>

<map:serializers>
  <map:serializer name="xml" mime-type="text/xml"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer"/>
</map:serializers>

<map:matchers>
  <map:matcher name="wildcard"
src="org.apache.cocoon.matching.WildcardURIMatcher"/>
</map:matchers>

</map:components>

<map:pipelines>

<map:pipeline>
     <map:match pattern="index.html">
        <map:read src="index.html" mime-type="text/html"/>
     </map:match>
  </map:pipeline>

</map:pipelines>

</map:sitemap>

but it doesnt work

in browser i always obtaint this message

Cocoon 2 - Internal server error

----

type fatal

message Language Exception

description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
sitemap_xmap: Line 241, column 54: '}' expected Line 63, column 11: class
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap should be declared abstract; it does not
define method process(org.apache.cocoon.environment.Environment,
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.StreamPipeline,
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.EventPipeline) in class
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap Line 0, column 0: 2 errors

source Cocoon servlet

stack-trace

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
sitemap_xmap:
Line 241, column 54:  '}' expected
Line 63, column 11:  class org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap should be
declared abstract; it does not define method
process(org.apache.cocoon.environment.Environment,
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.StreamPipeline,
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.EventPipeline) in class
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap
Line 0, column 0:
2 errors

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.createR
esource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:360)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(Pr
ogramGeneratorImpl.java:312)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:267)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
Caused by: org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error
compiling sitemap_xmap:
Line 241, column 54:  '}' expected
Line 63, column 11:  class org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap should be
declared abstract; it does not define method
process(org.apache.cocoon.environment.Environment,
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.StreamPipeline,
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.EventPipeline) in class
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap
Line 0, column 0:
2 errors

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.JavaLanguage.compile(
JavaLanguage.java:243)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.CompiledProgrammingLanguag
e.load(CompiledProgrammingLanguage.java:207)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.generat
eResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:417)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.createR
esource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:353)
	... 3 more
[...]

request-uri

/cocoonsamples/index.html

path-info

index.html

i dont understand

Re: newbies : problem with sitemap.xmap

Posted by SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <da...@saxess.com>.
You can make your life very easy by simply adding this to the
beginning of your sitemap:

+ begin of sitemap ---------------------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">

   <map:components>
     <map:generators   default="file"/>
     <map:transformers default="xslt"/>
     <map:readers      default="resource"/>
     <map:serializers  default="html"/>
     <map:matchers default="wildcard"/>
   </map:components>

   <!-- now your own stuff as you expressed it in your email ... -->
+ end of sitemap -----------------------------------------------

By this you get all comoponents from $rootsitemap ready
at hand in your subsitemap. Dont bother with component
definitions until you really need to express something
different from the rootsitemap ;-)

regards, hussayn

Dr. Hussayn Dabbous
SAXESS Software Design GmbH
Neuenhöfer Allee 125
50935 Köln
Telefon: +49-221-56011-0
Fax:     +49-221-56011-20
E-Mail:  dabbous@saxess.com

RE: newbies : problem with sitemap.xmap

Posted by Lionel Crine <cr...@4dconcept.fr>.

>Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
>Apache Tomcat/4.1.12-LE-jdk14
>java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal: Errors in XSLT transformation:
>Warning: File
>jar:file:/C:/etango/tomcat/webapps/cocoonsamples/WEB-INF/lib/cocoo
>n-2.0.4.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/sitemap/java/sitem
>ap.xsl;
>Line 1817; Column 34;
>[Logicsheet processor] Attribute 'type' missing in dynamic tag <map:match>
>
>Fatal: Ach?vement dirigU de la feuille de style
>

>         at
>org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3170)
>----------------------------
>
>last sitemap.xmap
>
>-----------------------------
><map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
>   <map:components>

>ONE COMPONENTS IS ENOUGHT remove this on ->  <map:components>

>      <map:generators   default="file"/>
>      <map:generator name="html"
>src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.HTMLGenerator"/>
>
>      <map:transformers default="xslt"/>
>      <map:readers      default="resource"/>
>      <map:serializers  default="html"/>
>      <map:matchers default="wildcard"/>
>    </map:components>
>

>AND THIS ONE -> </map:components>

>   <map:pipelines>
>

>     <map:pipeline>
>       <map:match pattern="index.html">
>         <map:generate type="html" src="index.html"/>
>         <map:serialize/>
>       </map:match>
>     </map:pipeline>
>
>   </map:pipelines>
>
></map:sitemap>

Moreover you should declare explicitly what you're using.
Like that for the generator :  <map:generator name="html"
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.HTMLGenerator"/>
the transformers ...
etc ....

this synthax is allowed in sub sitemap...I'm not quite sure you can write
it in the main sitemap.
/*****************/
<map:transformers default="xslt"/>
      <map:readers      default="resource"/>
      <map:serializers  default="html"/>
      <map:matchers default="wildcard"/>
/*****************/

Have a look at the sitemap.xmap in webapps/cocoon/.
If you're doing a sub sitemap you should declare it in the main sitemap.

As for as I am concern, I made a copy of the directory cocoon (called for
example cocoon-dev), remove what I didn't want and wrote a new sitemap.xconf.

Lionel

Re: newbies : problem with sitemap.xmap

Posted by SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <da...@saxess.com>.
you have an error in you components def. try this
I assume, your index.html contains html (not xml) right ?

<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">

    <map:components>
      <map:generators   default="file"/>
      <map:transformers default="xslt"/>
      <map:readers      default="resource"/>
      <map:serializers  default="html"/>
      <map:matchers     default="wildcard"/>
    </map:components>

   <map:pipelines>

     <map:pipeline>
        <map:match pattern="index.html">
          <map:read src="index.html"/>
       </map:match>
     </map:pipeline>

   </map:pipelines>

</map:sitemap>

or try this, if your index-file has xml code in it:
i propose then, you rename the file index.html to index.xml
to be explicit:

<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">

    <map:components>
      <map:generators   default="file"/>
      <map:transformers default="xslt"/>
      <map:readers      default="resource"/>
      <map:serializers  default="html"/>
      <map:matchers     default="wildcard"/>
    </map:components>

   <map:pipelines>

     <map:pipeline>
        <map:match pattern="index.html">    <== you ask for this
          <map:generate src="index.xml"/>   <== but you process this ;-)
          <map:serialize/>
       </map:match>
     </map:pipeline>

   </map:pipelines>

</map:sitemap>

or make it explicit (best practice):

<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">

    <map:components>
      <map:generators   default="file"/>
      <map:transformers default="xslt"/>
      <map:readers      default="resource"/>
      <map:serializers  default="html"/>
      <map:matchers     default="wildcard"/>
    </map:components>

   <map:pipelines>

     <map:pipeline>
        <map:match pattern="index.html">
          <map:generate type="file" src="index.xml"/>
          <map:serialize type="html" />
       </map:match>
     </map:pipeline>

   </map:pipelines>

</map:sitemap>

regards, hussayn

Posted by Bertram <be...@n-bis.de>.
Hi arnaud
please look at the generators it is closed before the generator
it mut be like this:
<map:generators default="file">
	<map:generator name="html"
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.HTMLGenerator"/>
</map:generators>

Klaus
arnaud wrote:
> i dont understand (im thinking im stupid)
> it doesnt work too
>
> (im using tomcat 4.1.12, jdk sun 1.4.1, cocoon 2.0.4)
>
> i make a lot of changes (thanks lionel & hussayn) but
> i got always the same message in tomcat stdout
>
> ----------------------------
>
> Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
> Apache Tomcat/4.1.12-LE-jdk14
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal: Errors in XSLT transformation:
> Warning: File
> jar:file:/C:/etango/tomcat/webapps/cocoonsamples/WEB-INF/lib/cocoo
> n-2.0.4.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/sitemap/java/sitem
> ap.xsl;
> Line 1817; Column 34;
> [Logicsheet processor] Attribute 'type' missing in dynamic tag <map:match>
>
> Fatal: Ach?vement dirigU de la feuille de style
>

>         at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3170)
> ----------------------------
>
> last sitemap.xmap
>
> -----------------------------
> <map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
>   <map:components>
>    <map:components>
>      <map:generators   default="file"/>
>      <map:generator name="html"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.HTMLGenerator"/>
>
>      <map:transformers default="xslt"/>
>      <map:readers      default="resource"/>
>      <map:serializers  default="html"/>
>      <map:matchers default="wildcard"/>
>    </map:components>
>

>   </map:components>
>
>   <map:pipelines>
>

>     <map:pipeline>
>       <map:match pattern="index.html">
>         <map:generate type="html" src="index.html"/>
>         <map:serialize/>
>       </map:match>
>     </map:pipeline>
>
>   </map:pipelines>
>
> </map:sitemap>
> -----------------------------

nbis - Porschestr. 5 - 51381 Leverkusen - Germany
phone +49 2171 58079 0 - fax +49 2171 58079 9
email bertram@n-bis.de

RE: newbies : problem with sitemap.xmap

Posted by arnaud <ba...@teamlog.com>.

Posted by Lionel Crine <cr...@4dconcept.fr>.