Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/03 22:51:57 UTC

Lib to pull text from web pages?

I've just spend a few days turning
http://lab.arc90.com/experiments/readability/ into Java. I'll push it
to github at some point unless Mahout is ready to branch out in this
direction.

Re: Lib to pull text from web pages?

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Sounds useful to me.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
TIka has boilerpipe, which is not bad for web pages in general. I have
a port of readability, which is better than boilerpipe for news
articles in particular. It seems to me that I should investigate if
Tika has room for both.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

On Nov 3, 2010, at 5:51 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:

> I've just spend a few days turning
> http://lab.arc90.com/experiments/readability/ into Java. I'll push it
> to github at some point unless Mahout is ready to branch out in this
> direction.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com