Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Duncan Thomson <du...@mitre.org> on 2007/04/18 17:26:35 UTC

Re: Axis2 deploy in Sun Application Server? - Need an axis2-webapp expert!

OK, here's the scoop.  Axis2 seems to deploy in Sun App server OK,
but the axis2 console web app is hosed in that environment.  I'd
really like to get it working, so I'm hoping someone familiar with
how the console web app is put together can help.

Here is the issue:

in $AXIS2_HOME/webapp/axis2-web/index.jsp

there is a link:

That link is broken.  If the link is changed to:

then everything works.  However, that's not the way to fix it -
there are similar broken links all over the place and it works in
Tomcat, so the right fix is somewhere else.

Here's another clue.  In $AXIS2_HOME/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml there is:

      <servlet>
         <servlet-name>AxisAdminServlet</servlet-name>
         <display-name>Apache-Axis AxisAdmin Servlet
                       (REST)</display-name>
         <servlet-class>
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisAdminServlet</servlet-class>
     </servlet>

and:

     <servlet-mapping>
         <servlet-name>AxisAdminServlet</servlet-name>
         <url-pattern>/axis2-admin/*</url-pattern>
     </servlet-mapping>

So... I think what's supposed to happen is the link to axis2-admin
in index.jsp is supposed to map to the AxisAdminServlet, which is
supposed to map to the code in axis-web/admin.jsp.  Something in
that mapping is broken.  How to fix it?

Duncan