Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by rohit sarewar <ro...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/15 16:12:46 UTC

java heap space inside my Rhive

Hi

I am running a rhive job on Hadoop cluster on 40 mb data.
It throws an error "  java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" as shown
below.
*How do I set java heap space inside my Rhive job ?*

[mycompany@arjun10 Desktop]$ Rscript muFreqBig.R
This is RHive 0.0-7. For overview type ‘?RHive’.
HIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/hive
call rhive.init() because HIVE_HOME is set.
13/05/15 05:51:37 WARN conf.Configuration: fs.default.name is deprecated.
Instead, use fs.defaultFS
13/05/15 05:51:37 WARN conf.Configuration: fs.default.name is deprecated.
Instead, use fs.defaultFS
13/05/15 05:51:37 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop
library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
Error in .jcall("RJavaTools", "Ljava/lang/Object;", "invokeMethod", cl,  :
Calls: muFreqBig ... <Anonymous> -> .jrcall -> .jcall -> .jcheck -> .Call
Execution halted

Thanks
Rohit Sarewar

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by Amal G Jose <am...@gmail.com>.
Try Rhipe, it is good.
http://amalgjose.wordpress.com/2013/05/05/rhipe-installation/

http://www.datadr.org/

http://amalgjose.wordpress.com/2013/05/05/r-installation-in-linux-platforms/

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by Amal G Jose <am...@gmail.com>.
Try Rhipe, it is good.

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by Amal G Jose <am...@gmail.com>.
Try Rhipe, it is good.

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by Amal G Jose <am...@gmail.com>.
Try Rhipe, it is good.

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by sudhakara st <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi
You find good start up materiel for RHadoop here,

https://github.com/RevolutionAnalytics/rmr2/blob/master/docs/tutorial.md
http://bighadoop.wordpress.com/2013/02/25/r-and-hadoop-data-analysis-rhadoop/

I am also working on RHadoop,  mail me if any difficulty in RHadoop.

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 12:20 AM, Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can try to search for "Rhadoop" using your favourite search engine.
>
> I think you are going to have to put in a bit more effort on your own.
>
> Marco

...Sudhakara.st

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by sudhakara st <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi
You find good start up materiel for RHadoop here,

https://github.com/RevolutionAnalytics/rmr2/blob/master/docs/tutorial.md
http://bighadoop.wordpress.com/2013/02/25/r-and-hadoop-data-analysis-rhadoop/

I am also working on RHadoop,  mail me if any difficulty in RHadoop.

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 12:20 AM, Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can try to search for "Rhadoop" using your favourite search engine.
>
> I think you are going to have to put in a bit more effort on your own.
>
> Marco

...Sudhakara.st

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by sudhakara st <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi
You find good start up materiel for RHadoop here,

https://github.com/RevolutionAnalytics/rmr2/blob/master/docs/tutorial.md
http://bighadoop.wordpress.com/2013/02/25/r-and-hadoop-data-analysis-rhadoop/

I am also working on RHadoop,  mail me if any difficulty in RHadoop.

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 12:20 AM, Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can try to search for "Rhadoop" using your favourite search engine.
>
> I think you are going to have to put in a bit more effort on your own.
>
> Marco

...Sudhakara.st

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by sudhakara st <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi
You find good start up materiel for RHadoop here,

https://github.com/RevolutionAnalytics/rmr2/blob/master/docs/tutorial.md
http://bighadoop.wordpress.com/2013/02/25/r-and-hadoop-data-analysis-rhadoop/

I am also working on RHadoop,  mail me if any difficulty in RHadoop.

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 12:20 AM, Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can try to search for "Rhadoop" using your favourite search engine.
>
> I think you are going to have to put in a bit more effort on your own.
>
> Marco

...Sudhakara.st

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by David Ritch <da...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, but I'm not the expert on this.  I've just started looking at R
on Hadoop.

David

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by David Ritch <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by David Ritch <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by David Ritch <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks David.

________________________________

Re: R for Hadoop

Re: R for Hadoop

Re: R for Hadoop

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by David Ritch <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by David Ritch <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by David Ritch <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: R for Hadoop

Posted by David Ritch <da...@gmail.com>.
You can find RHIPE here: http://www.datadr.org/

On 5/19/2013 10:26 AM, Raj Hadoop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to explore R for Hadoop. Where can I get the download ? Any
> suggested material on the website to explore ? Please advise.
>
> Thanks,
> Raj

R for Hadoop

I faced a similar exception with Rhipe-0.68 in CDH4.
The reason was because that version of Rhipe doesnt support CDH4.
My problem got resolved with the release of Rhipe-0.73.
So check whether it supports your hadoop version.

R for Hadoop

R for Hadoop

R for Hadoop

Re: java heap space inside my Rhive