Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by James Howe <jw...@allencreek.com> on 2003/06/09 16:40:55 UTC

Axis problem after restart

I'm trying to use Axis-1_1RC2 with Resin 2.1.6.  I've written a small web
service and deployed it using the AxisServlet.  Once deployed, I can get
the WSDL for the service (albeit with an XML error), and I can write a
simple client to talk to the service.  However, when I restart my web
server and attempt to get the WSDL for the service, I get this message
instead:

AXIS error

Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:

Exception - org.apache.axis.InternalException:
org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException:
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDException: 		Invalid WSDD element
'deployment' (wanted 'deployment')
		org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDException: Invalid WSDD element
'deployment' (wanted 'deployment')
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDElement.validateCandidateElement(WSDDElement.java:116)
	[...]

I have a services.wsdd file in my WEB-INF directory that was generated by
Axis.  The starting of it looks like this (reformatted for the purposes of
this e-mail:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<deployment xmlns:="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
      xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
      xmlns:="http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/"
   <globalConfiguration xmlns:="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/">
      <parameter name="adminPassword" value="admin"/>
      <parameter name="attachments.Directory" value="\dev\java\eclipse
projects\foo\htdocs\WEB-INF\attachments"/>
      <parameter name="attachments.implementation"
value="org.apache.axis.attachments.AttachmentsImpl"/>
      [...]

Can someone explain what might have happened?

Thanks.

--
James Howe