Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Charles Bearden <Ch...@uth.tmc.edu> on 2012/02/06 23:45:47 UTC

Need to enforce logging of Lucene queries

I have a set of Lucene indexes for which I need to log all accesses and possibly
queries. I can use kernel-level auditing to record file accesses, but what would
be the best approach to logging the strings for all queries against these indexes?

What comes to mind is a Lucene analogy to a database server, such that the index
files are owned by a special user and readable only by software running as that
user. Could Solr provide a good audit trail?

Thanks for any pointers.
Chuck
--
Chuck Bearden
Programmer Analyst IV

Re: Need to enforce logging of Lucene queries

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Solr already logs the queries themselves although there isn't any way
that I know of to associate that with a user.

Although in Solr land, it seems that whatever servlet container that
you would use for Solr should be able to log all the URLs that hit
the server.

Best
Erick