Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk> on 2005/08/26 18:16:45 UTC

[Axis2] OM Space handling

Hi all,

I was trying to find out the problems we have with XML conformance
tests. One of the problems I saw was that we do not handle the SPACE
event from the parser.
What I thought was to use the OMText for that too. But that makes the
other cases complicated. Currently, OMText's parent should be an
OMElement, but not an OMContainer, which is correct. SPACE can come
under the OMDocument, but not spaces.
So I thought of introducing OMSpace to handle spaces. But this adds upto
the memory. IMO, spaces are important in the security case only (am I
missing something ? ). If thats the case, adding another object, just to
handle spaces is affecting the memory.
I googled to check how others have handled this, but unfortunately, all
the impls i found have just discarded that event. (I couldn't look in to
XBIS)

Comments and thoughts ... ??

Chinthaka

Re: [Axis2] OM Space handling