Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Take aWay <a....@rocketmail.com> on 2012/10/10 15:32:34 UTC

[users@httpd] Enabling htpasswd only for specific part of site

Hello,

I'm glad to join this help channel.
I'm running on my server for my website and my rutorrent client.

For those who don't know what is rutorrent it's a torrent client managed by http.
You can see a picture here: http://bit.ly/T4OTPy

When you install rutorrent it also sets up the htpasswd so each user has its own rutorrent page.
Before I installed the rutorrent I put my website files in the /var/www folder, after the rutorrent was installed the apache server loads the content in the /var/rutorrent folder.
So now if I list the content of the /var/rutorrent folder I have both the rutorrent and the website files separated by folders.
And the main index.html file which looks like this:

Right now if I browse my page I'm being asked for an htpasswd (the ones I configured when installing the rutorrent).
I would to be able to browse my site dir which is my website without being asked for htpasswd unless I go to the rutorrent page.

How do I do that ?

Sent from my iPad

[users@httpd] Enabling htpasswd only for specific part of site

Posted by Atake <a....@rocketmail.com>.