Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Donald Titus <do...@verizon.net> on 2013/06/22 23:12:58 UTC

Can't Get Rid of Window

1.  I have a Mac OS 10.8.4.  When I call up a document using Apache OpenOffice I get a message that says:  "The last time you opened OpenOffice.org it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows.  Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?  If you choose not to reopen windows, you may have to open and position the windows yourself."  Two options are given:  "Don't Reopen" and "Reopen".  Selecting either option does not get rid of the window.

2.  My OpenOffice is locked up.  The only way that I can quit is to "Force Quit".  However, every time that I call up OpenOffice I get the same message.

3.  I have gone to your help page and tried some of the remedies that have worked for others.  However, they don't work for me.  What can I do?

Donald Titus
donaldtitus@verizon.net
3504 Hutch Place
Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815-4736
(301)652-6806

Re: Can't Get Rid of Window

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.
On 2013-06-22 3:12 PM Donald Titus wrote concerning "Can't Get Rid of Window":
> 1.  I have a Mac OS 10.8.4.  When I call up a document using Apache OpenOffice I get a message that says:  "The last time you opened OpenOffice.org it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows.  Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?  If you choose not to reopen windows, you may have to open and position the windows yourself."  Two options are given:  "Don't Reopen" and "Reopen".  Selecting either option does not get rid of the window.
>
> 2.  My OpenOffice is locked up.  The only way that I can quit is to "Force Quit".  However, every time that I call up OpenOffice I get the same message.
>
> 3.  I have gone to your help page and tried some of the remedies that have worked for others.  However, they don't work for me.  What can I do?

The release notes http://www.openoffice.org/development/releases/3.4.1.html , under known
problems, state

    "On recent versions of Mac OS X it might happen, especially after a "Force quit", that the
    following error message appears: "Restore Windows - The application OpenOffice.org was
    forced to quit while trying to restore its windows. Do you want to try to restore its
    windows again?". If you cannot get rid of it: Option-click the "Go" menu; choose "Library"
    from the menu to open the folder in the Finder; click on the folder "Saved Application
    State"; delete the file "org.openoffice.script.savedState". See bug 119006 for more
    information."

For instructions with screenshots see
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=55755&p=258977&hilit=+restore+windows#p244931

_________________________________

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

Re: Can't Get Rid of Window

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 17:12:58 -0400
Donald Titus <do...@verizon.net> wrote:

> 1.  I have a Mac OS 10.8.4.  When I call up a document using Apache OpenOffice I get a message that says:  "The last time you opened OpenOffice.org it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows.  Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?  If you choose not to reopen windows, you may have to open and position the windows yourself."  Two options are given:  "Don't Reopen" and "Reopen".  Selecting either option does not get rid of the window.
>
> 2.  My OpenOffice is locked up.  The only way that I can quit is to "Force Quit".  However, every time that I call up OpenOffice I get the same message.
>
> 3.  I have gone to your help page and tried some of the remedies that have worked for others.  However, they don't work for me.  What can I do?

Look at this thread on the Forum
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=43095

The restorewindows problem is common on a Mac and there are many reports of it on the Forum and many discussions of how to fix.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>