Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Marc Davenport <ma...@oracle.com> on 2019/03/02 21:58:09 UTC

sling starter maven plugin - placing files to WEB-INF/lib

Hello all,
In our previous application  based on Sling6 we used a maven assembly to build our application war.  In the assembly we placed some classes into WEB-INF/lib and made felix provide these.  I'm trying to shift us to use the sling start plugin so we can keep our features held together better by way of the model.txt files. We'd still like to include those files in WEB-INF/lib but I can not figure out how to put them there with the plugin, so I'm still using an assembly to unpack the war from SlingStart plugin and add our files.  We are using a property that we set in boot.txt to made felix provide the classes we want.  Just can't figure out how to get the libraries into the right place without taking two steps.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks,
Marc

Re: sling starter maven plugin - placing files to WEB-INF/lib

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Marc,

On Sat, 2019-03-02 at 13:58 -0800, Marc Davenport wrote:
> Hello all,
> In our previous application  based on Sling6 we used a maven assembly
> to build our application war.  In the assembly we placed some classes
> into WEB-INF/lib and made felix provide these.  I'm trying to shift
> us to use the sling start plugin so we can keep our features held
> together better by way of the model.txt files. We'd still like to
> include those files in WEB-INF/lib but I can not figure out how to
> put them there with the plugin, so I'm still using an assembly to
> unpack the war from SlingStart plugin and add our files.  We are
> using a property that we set in boot.txt to made felix provide the
> classes we want.  Just can't figure out how to get the libraries into
> the right place without taking two steps.
>
> Any suggestions on how to do this?

I took a quick look at the slingstart-maven-plugin source code and it
does not look like this is possible right now.

It may be possible to update the plugin to do that, so feel free to
file a Jira issue. I suspect that with all the attention that the
feature model is getting this maybe not be at the top of anyone's list,
so a pull request would go a long way towards making it happen.

I would also suggest that you try and stop relying in jar files in WEB-
INF/lib, but I guess you already tried that and it's not trivial.

Robert