Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Nick Stuart <ba...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/24 14:22:41 UTC

(Tap4) Getting hivemind service...

Is there any way, or better, what the correct way in Tapestry 4 to get
a Hivemind services outside of pages and components where the are
injected. Used to be able to use the HiveMind Filter, but I see the
ApplicationServlet now over rides this and doesn't seem to expose any
methods to actually get the registry.

Also just noticed that the methods for getting services in IEnginer
are depracated since services can be injected now. Any chance
something else will replace those??

-Nick

Re: (Tap4) Getting hivemind service...

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
On 6/24/05, Nick Stuart <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way, or better, what the correct way in Tapestry 4 to get
> a Hivemind services outside of pages and components where the are
> injected. Used to be able to use the HiveMind Filter, but I see the
> ApplicationServlet now over rides this and doesn't seem to expose any
> methods to actually get the registry.

I believe that the servlet now stores the Registry into the
ServletContext using a reasonable key (that includes the servlet
name).

> Also just noticed that the methods for getting services in IEnginer
> are depracated since services can be injected now. Any chance
> something else will replace those??

You can now get the Infrastructure from the IRequestCycle (as well as
the IEngine).

You can get the ServiceMap from the Infrastructure.

You can get services from the ServiceMap.

But I prefer the "engine-service:" object provider.

> -Nick

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind