Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by maroshi <ye...@yahoo.com> on 2014/10/14 22:56:30 UTC

karaf 3.0.2 bundle:watch not working

Using karaf 3.0.2 bundle:watch fails
See bellow
karaf@root()> bundle:watch
mvn:org.maroshi.sample/sandbox-karaf/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
Watched URLs/IDs:
mvn:org.maroshi.sample/sandbox-karaf/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
karaf@root()> Exception in thread "Thread-16"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/karaf/util/maven/Parser
        at
org.apache.karaf.bundle.core.internal.BundleWatcherImpl.getBundleExternalLocation(BundleWatcherImpl.java:195)
        at
org.apache.karaf.bundle.core.internal.BundleWatcherImpl.updateBundleIfNecessary(BundleWatcherImpl.java:144)
        at
org.apache.karaf.bundle.core.internal.BundleWatcherImpl.run(BundleWatcherImpl.java:100)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
org.apache.karaf.util.maven.Parser not found by org.apache.karaf.bundle.core
[31]
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1532)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.access$400(BundleWiringImpl.java:75)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoader.loadClass(BundleWiringImpl.java:1955)
        ... 4 more

Re: karaf 3.0.2 bundle:watch not working

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yes, I will push the patch today and expose a patched 3.0.2 bundle (on
my repo) for you.

As reminder, you can do the same using bundle:update periodically
(waiting for the patch).

Regards
JB

On 10/17/2014 10:54 AM, siwatson wrote:
> I just hit the same issue and, as it's a really nice feature in a dev
> environment, it would be great to patch it to continue working with 3.0.2 if
> possible.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: karaf 3.0.2 bundle:watch not working

Posted by siwatson <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yes, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-3283

As reminder, you can use bundle:update (manually) if you want to stay
with 3.0.2.

Anyway, it will be fixed in 3.0.3.

Regards
JB

On 10/14/2014 10:56 PM, maroshi wrote:
> Using karaf 3.0.2 bundle:watch fails
> See bellow
> karaf@root()> bundle:watch
> mvn:org.maroshi.sample/sandbox-karaf/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
> Watched URLs/IDs:
> mvn:org.maroshi.sample/sandbox-karaf/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
> karaf@root()> Exception in thread "Thread-16"
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/karaf/util/maven/Parser
>          at
> org.apache.karaf.bundle.core.internal.BundleWatcherImpl.getBundleExternalLocation(BundleWatcherImpl.java:195)
>          at
> org.apache.karaf.bundle.core.internal.BundleWatcherImpl.updateBundleIfNecessary(BundleWatcherImpl.java:144)
>          at
> org.apache.karaf.bundle.core.internal.BundleWatcherImpl.run(BundleWatcherImpl.java:100)
> org.apache.karaf.util.maven.Parser not found by org.apache.karaf.bundle.core
> [31]
>          at
> org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1532)
>          at
> org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.access$400(BundleWiringImpl.java:75)
>          at
> org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoader.loadClass(BundleWiringImpl.java:1955)
>          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
>          ... 4 more

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: karaf 3.0.2 bundle:watch not working

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
As you can see in:

it's a typo mistake (my bad, I'm very sorry about that :().

It's already fixed on Karaf 3.0.3-SNAPSHOT.

For 3.0.2 user, you can edit the MANIFEST of the bundle.core bundle to
fix that.

Else, I deployed on my server a patched version of the bundle:

http://maven.nanthrax.net/org.apache.karaf.bundle.core-3.0.2.jar

You can download this one and replace the existing one in the Karaf
system folder.

Regards
JB

On 10/14/2014 10:56 PM, maroshi wrote:
> Using karaf 3.0.2 bundle:watch fails
> See bellow
> karaf@root()> bundle:watch
> mvn:org.maroshi.sample/sandbox-karaf/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
> Watched URLs/IDs:
> mvn:org.maroshi.sample/sandbox-karaf/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
> karaf@root()> Exception in thread "Thread-16"
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/karaf/util/maven/Parser
>          at
> org.apache.karaf.bundle.core.internal.BundleWatcherImpl.getBundleExternalLocation(BundleWatcherImpl.java:195)
>          at
> org.apache.karaf.bundle.core.internal.BundleWatcherImpl.updateBundleIfNecessary(BundleWatcherImpl.java:144)
>          at
> org.apache.karaf.bundle.core.internal.BundleWatcherImpl.run(BundleWatcherImpl.java:100)
> org.apache.karaf.util.maven.Parser not found by org.apache.karaf.bundle.core
> [31]
>          at
> org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1532)
>          at
> org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.access$400(BundleWiringImpl.java:75)
>          at
> org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoader.loadClass(BundleWiringImpl.java:1955)
>          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
>          ... 4 more

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net