Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Eric Dobbs <er...@dobbse.net> on 2002/02/08 17:48:11 UTC

Re: Security Changes - renaming 'Project'

In an effort to speed the brainstorming along I thought I
would offer this list of names I've seen and include a
count of the recent "voters".  I've added a couple more
suggestions.

Votes    New Name               Voters:
1        AuthorizationContext   Eric
1        Context                Scott
1        Domain                 Gareth
          Module
          PermissionContext
          Project
1        Realm                  Gareth
1        Resource               Jason
1        Scope                  James
          SecurityContext
          Zone

I personally think Context has the best fit but is used
EVERYWHERE.  Maybe one of the FooContexts would work.
There are precidents:  JAAS has a LoginContext there's a
NamingContext in JNDI.

-Eric

RE: Security Changes - renaming 'Project'

Posted by Gareth Coltman <ga...@majorband.co.uk>.
Well, context is great except there are already so many things called a
context. Velocity context, servlet context, do we really want another one?

But I do like the word.

What a funny thread this is.... ;)

Gareth

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>