Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Marcin Okraszewski <ok...@o2.pl> on 2003/12/07 17:59:41 UTC

[Woody] form.endFormProcessing() is not a function ???

Hello,
I want to make a cancel action. On Wiki pagaes I found fallowing method:

"After pressing an action button, the form will normally always be
redisplayed, unless the event handling code explicitely disables this
(*by using the endFormProcessing method on the form object*)."

So I did fallowing widget:

     <wd:action id="cancel" action-command="cancel">
       <wd:label>cancel</wd:label>
       <wd:on-action>
         <javascript>
           event.source.form.endFormProcessing();
         </javascript>
       </wd:on-action>
     </wd:action>

but unfortunately I receive fallowing error:

TypeError: endFormProcessing is not a function.

I couldn't also find "endFormProcessing" in Woody2.js.

How to use it or is there any other way to finish flow without
Validating form?

Regards,
Marcin Okraszwski

Re: [Woody] form.endFormProcessing() is not a function ???

Posted by Marcin Okraszewski <ok...@o2.pl>.
> <wd:submit id="cancel" action-command="cancel" validate="false">
>     <wd:label>Cancel</wd:label>
> </wd:submit>

Yes, validate="false" is the key I didn't know of :-)

Thanks,
Marcin

Re: [Woody] form.endFormProcessing() is not a function ???

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On 7 Dec 2003, at 16:59, Marcin Okraszewski wrote:

> Hello,
> I want to make a cancel action. On Wiki pagaes I found fallowing
> method:
>
> "After pressing an action button, the form will normally always be
> redisplayed, unless the event handling code explicitely disables this
> (*by using the endFormProcessing method on the form object*)."
>
> So I did fallowing widget:
>
>     <wd:action id="cancel" action-command="cancel">
>       <wd:label>cancel</wd:label>
>       <wd:on-action>
>         <javascript>
>           event.source.form.endFormProcessing();
>         </javascript>
>       </wd:on-action>
>     </wd:action>
>
> but unfortunately I receive fallowing error:
>
> TypeError: endFormProcessing is not a function.
>
> I couldn't also find "endFormProcessing" in Woody2.js.
>
> How to use it or is there any other way to finish flow without
> Validating form?

in the model:

<wd:submit id="cancel" action-command="cancel" validate="false">
	<wd:label>Cancel</wd:label>
</wd:submit>

in the template :

<wt:widget id="cancel"/>