Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Neelakshi <nd...@cisco.com> on 2001/08/01 23:58:03 UTC

tomcat dies with segmentation fault

I am using tomcat 3.2.3 and trying to send multiple simultaneous
requests to my servlet. I have put 100msec delay between starting of the
threads on the client side. Each thread sends a connection request to
the servlet. If the number of threads I start is less than 43(magic
number??), everything works great, but if I increase the number of
threads to anything greater than 43, tomcat cores with following message
:

Segmentation Fault
    si_signo [11]: Segmentation Fault
    si_errno [0]: Error 0
    si_code [1]: SEGV_MAPERR [addr: 0x0]

        stackpointer=EB7F12E8
 *** Garbage Collection in process, a thread
 *** dump is not possible.

It looks like memory corruption. Can this be aproblem with tomcat?

Has anybody encountered this problem? Any suggestions/ideas to overcome
the problem are greatly appreciated.

Thanks -- Neelakshi