Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Carl Steinbach <cw...@apache.org> on 2013/11/08 20:08:57 UTC

Scheduling the next Hive Contributors Meeting

We're long overdue for a Hive Contributors Meeting. Thejas has offered to
host the next meeting at Hortonworks on November 19th from 4-6pm. We will
have a Google Hangout or Webex setup for people who wish to attend
remotely. If you want to attend but can't because of a scheduling conflict
please let us know. If enough people fall into this category we will try to
reschedule.

Thanks.

Carl

Re: Scheduling the next Hive Contributors Meeting

Posted by Carl Steinbach <cw...@gmail.com>.
Please RSVP for the meetup here:

http://www.meetup.com/Hive-Contributors-Group/events/150001922/

Thanks.

Carl

Posted by Gunther Hagleitner <gh...@hortonworks.com>.
Looking forward to it!

I would like to do a status update and quick demo of the Tez integration
work (HIVE-4660), if there is time and interest.

Thanks,
Gunther.

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I am not a contributor but a spectator to what hive have been doing last
> > couple of years.
> > I work out of India and would love to just sit back and listen to all the
> > new upcoming things (if that's allowed) :)
> >

> Not only allowed, but encouraged!  Great to have your interest!
>

> > On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 1:08 AM, Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Thanks Carl and Thejas! I would be attending remotely so the webex or
> > > google hangout would be very much appreciated. Please let me know if
> > there
> > > is anything I can do to help enable either a webex or hangout!
> > >
> > > The Apache Sentry (incubating)[1] community which depends on Hive would
> > be
> > > interested in briefly describing the project to the Hive community and
> > > discuss how we can work together to move both projects forward!  As a
> > side
> > > note, there have been lively discussions on the integration of other
> > > incubating projects therefore I'd just like to share that the changes
> > > Sentry is interested in are very small in scope and unlikely to cause
> > > disruption to the Hive community.
> > >
> > > Cheers!
> > > Brock
> > >
> > > [1] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/sentry.html

> offered
> > will
> > > conflict
> > try

> > --
> > Nitin Pawar

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Scheduling the next Hive Contributors Meeting

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Scheduling the next Hive Contributors Meeting

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,