Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Eduardo Alfonso <ed...@lycos.co.uk> on 2003/11/09 17:47:19 UTC

Publish Document

Hi

I have a java application that uploads files to a webdav server (sharemation account).

I want to let everybody download these files but, obviously I don't want to give them my user and password.

Can I use slide library to give access permissions to these files from my java application ?

Something like "chmod 755 file" but using  slide webdav library ?

I've searched through the api and I couldn't find the way to do this.

Is it possible ?

-------------------
Size DOES matter - Lycos Email gives you 10MB storage
mail.lycos.co.uk

Re: Publish Document

Posted by Martin Dulisch <md...@s-und-n.de>.
Eduardo, have a look at the WebDAV ACL topic. It makes it
possible to control permissions. But you need multiple principals
(users) for this. As far as I know sharemation you only have one
user.

Martin

Re: Publish Document

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
"Eduardo Alfonso " <ed...@lycos.co.uk> writes:

> Hi
>
> I have a java application that uploads files to a webdav server (sharemation account).
>
> I want to let everybody download these files but, obviously I don't want to give them my user and password.
>
> Can I use slide library to give access permissions to these files from my java application ?
>
> Something like "chmod 755 file" but using  slide webdav library ?
>
> I've searched through the api and I couldn't find the way to do this.
>
> Is it possible ?

Slide supports Webdav Acess control lists (http://www.webdav.org/acl/).
If your webdav server supports this, you can change permissions.

Martin