Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> on 2013/09/23 14:30:53 UTC

ClientProperties.setQuirkXyz

Hi,

Can we safely remove all IE related properties in ClientProperties in
Wicket 7?

For
example org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.request.WebClientInfo#setInternetExplorerProperties
does:

properties.setProprietaryIECssExpressionsSupported(true);
properties.setQuirkCssPositioningOneSideOnly(true);
 properties.setQuirkIERepaint(true);
properties.setQuirkIESelectZIndex(true);
properties.setQuirkIETextareaNewlineObliteration(true);
 properties.setQuirkIESelectPercentWidth(true);
properties.setQuirkIESelectListDomUpdate(true);
properties.setQuirkIETablePercentWidthScrollbarError(true);
 properties.setQuirkCssBackgroundAttachmentUseFixed(true);
properties.setQuirkCssBorderCollapseInside(true);
 properties.setQuirkCssBorderCollapseFor0Padding(true);

if (properties.getBrowserVersionMajor() < 7)
 {
properties.setProprietaryIEPngAlphaFilterRequired(true);
}

I have never needed to use these properties in my applications.
And I don't remember anyone asking about them in the mailing lists, or a
ticket about them in Jira.

Are they really needed or they can be removed ?

Re: ClientProperties.setQuirkXyz

Posted by Martin Dilger <ma...@gmail.com>.
we have a fair amount of wicket applications which support all major
browsers, none uses these properties.

Sent from my mobile

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
 > I believe Wicket users do not use these properties because otherwise
I'd expect bug reports
 > that their values are not correct for newer versions of IE.

Sounds reasonable.

Sven

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.