Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> on 2004/03/27 02:06:28 UTC

[All] Re: [HiveMind] Discuss: CVS or Subversion?

This is really a much wider discussion, since HiveMind is in the Commons
CVS repo, not its own. Either all of Commons would have to switch at the
same time (the sane approach, IMHO), or we'd have to agree to having both
CVS and SVN repos, with some projects in one, and the remainder in the
other (yuk!).

There was a thread on subversion on this list recently (subject: "thoughts
on subversion") where the respondents seemd to like the idea - but that
was a very small sample of the overall Commons committer base.

--
Martin Cooper

RE: [All] Re: [HiveMind] Discuss: CVS or Subversion?

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> > This is really a much wider discussion, since HiveMind is in the Commons
> > CVS repo, not its own.
>
> No, it isn't.  HiveMind has been voted by the PMC to be a Jakarta project on
> its own, and so they are deciding to which scm to move.

Click! Brain now turned on...

Yah. I've been too focussed elsewhere recently, and all the HiveMind
discussion on this list, combined with the repo still being in Commons
right now, had me forgetting HiveMind is going to take Struts' place in
the Jakarta nav menu (or, at the rate I'm going, they'll get there before
we (Struts) leave). ;-)

Sorry 'bout that.

--
Martin Cooper