Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by haipeng du <ha...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/26 01:31:08 UTC

ajaxsubmit

Hi, guys,
 When I try to use AjaxSubmit, sometimes, that button dose not just do ajax
call. It submits form(not the ajax call) one time after I click it several
times. I do not know why? Does somebody else have the same problem?

--
Haipeng Du
Software Engineer

Re: ajaxsubmit

Posted by haipeng du <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot. I try to use EventListener. But I got problem to load dojo
tapestry javascript package. I unjar the tapestry-4.1.1 framework jar file
and copy dojo folder to my js folder. It still complains that Could not load
'tapestry.event'; last tried '__package__.js? I checked dojo folder, there
is no tapestry folder. Do you have some suggestion?
Thanks a lot.

On 1/25/07, Leffel, Daniel <dl...@ebay.com> wrote:

> What version of Tapestry are you using? I highly suggest 4.1.1 or a 4.1.2snapshot and leveraging the event listener to make the AjaxSubmit happen.
>
> I was using a prior version of Tapestry with Tacos and found that using
> the AjaxSubmit component caused the form to post back in a non-ajax way. The
> documentation could be a little more clear here, because what I discovered
> was the form was posting through AJAX and THEN was posting back in a
> non-AJAX way.
>
> If you use a version prior to 4.1, you need to block that action. The
> EventListener makes it all much easier by allowing you to force an Ajax
> postback on components that aren't submit components (i.e. a plain old
> button).

Haipeng Du
Software Engineer
Comphealth,