Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by La...@enel.it on 2001/08/24 10:14:31 UTC

Using tcptunnelgui.....

Hi,

Someone can explain the use of TCPTUNNELGUI.....??

Ok for the server, ok for the server port, but what about the listenport,
"the port which you will send your SOAP messages to server"??? (i.e. 8081)
This means that my client must send request on server across this port?? How
and where i have to set this value on client code???
Bye...
Danny

Lanzellotto Donato
ENEL.it
Sviluppo Applicazioni
Via Carlo Veneziani, 56  00148 ROMA
* 06.8509.6990   Fax: 06.8509.6246
* lanzellotto.donato@enel.it

Re: Using tcptunnelgui.....

Posted by jyothi <jy...@india.softalia.com>.
Hi,

    The TcpTunnelgui helps you sniff your soap messages travelling
through TCP/IP. IF you want to look at the wire data that is being
transmitted and received then you use Tcptunnelgui. To run the
TcpTunnelGui the command is
"java org.apache.soap.util.net.TcpTunnelGui 8070 localhost 8080" . Here
8070 is the listen port and localhost is your systems's web server
address and 8080 is the server  port where your service is deployed.

Now in the client, if you have seen the examples they say
"http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter" in case of Apache. The
same thing if you have your TcpTunnelGui on, can be written as
"http://localhost:8070/soap/servlet/rpcrouter".  In your client side
instead of 8080 give 8070 then you can see the soap messages sent by your
client and server in the TcpTunnelgui.

Thanks,
Jyothi

On 8/24/01, 1:44:31 PM, <La...@enel.it> wrote regarding Using