Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Harbs <ga...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/28 14:20:52 UTC

Re: TLF Tables

I'm back on this, and starting to make some (slow) progress.

I've started a Google Docs document to try to make some order out of the chaos that is the current state of TLF Tables. This is just a place where I'm jotting down my findings as I go and my thoughts on direction as I work on this. I made the document publicly editable and would love input. If there's anyone out there that has answers to the questions I'm posing, it would be very helpful!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sT0IAiMfIOBVgmo8wwF6ZZviuNFcW2bUfQoj0zDmSog/edit?usp=sharing

Harbs

On Sep 10, 2013, at 11:22 PM, Harbs wrote:

> My first tests are not very encouraging…
>
> Trying to compose the table results in this function returning null:
> 		static tlf_internal function beginFactoryCompose():SimpleCompose
> 		{
> 			var rslt:SimpleCompose = _factoryComposer;
> 			_factoryComposer = peekFactoryCompose();
> 			_savedFactoryComposer = null;
> 			return rslt;
> 		}
>
> Looks like I need to the composition process...
> FWIW, it made no difference whether I added the rows to a TableBodyElement or to the table directly.
>
> On Sep 10, 2013, at 7:17 PM, Alex Harui wrote:
>
>> Hi Harbs,
>>
>> I see code for Tables, but I'm not sure it is "officially" there.  Or even
>> complete, or even working at a prototype-level.
>>
>> So good luck with it.  I might be able to ask folks who used to work on it
>> a few questions, but I'm pretty sure their memories of it are pretty dim
>> by now.
>>
>> -Alex
>>
>> On 9/10/13 6:16 AM, "Harbs" <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I knew I was going to spend some real time on this one day, and that time
>>> is coming really soonŠ
>>>
>>> Before I dig in too deeply, what's the status on TLF Table support? I
>>> know it's officially there, but I don't see any documentation on it --
>>> not even the basics on how it's supposed to be used.
>>>
>>> I fully expect to find bugs once I start really digging into it, but some
>>> documentation (any) would be nice to get me started.
>>>
>>> Looking at the source code, I see the following classes:
>>>
>>> TableElement
>>> TableBodyElement
>>> TableColElement
>>> TableRowElement