Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by jan i <ja...@apache.org> on 2015/03/16 19:21:52 UTC

consumers/web and consumers/dfwebserver

Hi

Due to the last hours confusion, to put it politlely, I have tried to
formulate how I look at those 2 directories and also pointed out some
mistakes made:

-- dfwebserver
This is going to be production code, so it need to follow the normal rules..

All files must have a ALv2 Header. I have noted that the .py files missed
ALv2.

On a technical level I am sceptical about the names used (dfconvert and
dfutil) they can be confused with the consumers of the same name.

-- web
This directory is currently a playground, where both server and client
functions are tested.

Franz@ if you add files or change files in here you should add the ALv2
header (grab it from another source file)

Important note and explanation:
it is easy for us to use a third party library unchanged and as a whole,
such a library MUST be stored in externals, because we need to keep track
of the licensing.

If you want to use a third part library (for something that will become
production code), the PPMC need to agree it, and check the license.

For production code, you cannot take third party code, add it outside
externals and start modifying it The License issues involved in the
modified code is simply too complex.

For our final Webap, the above applies, meaning we can use a framework.js
but NOT modify it, and the rest is something we write.

I have added a file "WARNING_EXPERIMENTAL" in the web directory, so anyone
who clones the directory is warning.

I hope this clarifies the issues, if someone do not agree with the way I
have presented it, please say so, I can be mistaken.

rgds
jan i