Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Julia Bamford <jb...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/01 01:55:43 UTC

Descriptions of oplet types

As I've mentioned in a few other posts, I'm working on a conceptual
overview that will help people understand Quarks terminology.

I'm working from this doc that Dan pointed me to a few weeks ago:
https://github.com/quarks-edge/quarks/wiki/Quarks-Etiao-Runtime

However, when I compare that to the descriptions for the quarks.oplet.core
package, I feel like there's a bit of a disconnect.

I see:
Source
Sink
Peek

But I don't see:
Process, unless it's now called process source.

Not all of these classes have descriptions, so (as a non-programmer) I'm
feeling a bit at loose ends. Can someone provide a little insight?

--
Best,
Julia

Re: Descriptions of oplet types

Posted by Susan Cline <ho...@pacbell.net>.
I think “analytic’ sounds better then the “ones in the middle”.

Susan

Posted by Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.