Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/24 17:06:57 UTC

debug=console and profiling=yes in Struts 2.0.1

I'm trying to use some features I found in Don Brown's presentation on
Struts 2.0 at ApacheCon.  Using debug=console and profiling=yes
doesn't seem to work.

When I use debug=console, I get:

ERROR - ParametersInterceptor.setParameters(180) | Developer
Notification (set webwork.devMode to false to disable this message):
No object in the CompoundRoot has a publicly accessible property named
'debug' (no setter could be found).
ERROR - CompoundRootAccessor.setProperty(66) | No object in the
CompoundRoot has a publicly accessible property named 'debug' (no
setter could be found).
ERROR - OgnlValueStack.setValue(176) | Error setting expr 'debug' with
value '[Ljava.lang.String;@74997a'
java.lang.RuntimeException: No object in the CompoundRoot has a
publicly accessible property named 'debug' (no setter could be found).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

Re: debug=console and profiling=yes in Struts 2.0.1

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
Yeah, then make sure you include the "debugging" and "profiling"
interceptors as well, if you want to use their functionality.  I'd put
them before the "params" interceptor, since they try to clean their
parameters out of the request before they are applied to the action.

Don

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.

Blog @ http://raibledesigns.com
Founder of AppFuse @ http://appfuse.org

Re: debug=console and profiling=yes in Struts 2.0.1

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
With debug=console, I get:

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
On 10/24/06, Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> wrote:
> Those errors are fine, actually, although it is true they should be
> cleaned up to minimize confusion.  Do you get the OGNL console popup?

No.

> If not, I'm guessing you are using sitemesh?

Yes.

> We did the demo at ApacheCon with the starter archetype app, which also uses
> Sitemesh, so it can work.

Maybe it's an issue with Prototype/Scriptaculous?  I tried removing
Scripaculous, but no dice.

> Also, check that Struts 2 has devMode=true set in struts.properties in
> WEB-INF/classes.  The debugging and profiling support are only enabled
> in dev mode.

Yep, I have that.

Matt

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
Those errors are fine, actually, although it is true they should be
cleaned up to minimize confusion.  Do you get the OGNL console popup?
If not, I'm guessing you are using sitemesh?  We did the demo at