Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Pierrot52 <pi...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/02 15:50:57 UTC

Struts2 application doesn't work with Firefox 3

Hello,
I have developed a Struts2 application that works well under Firefox 2, IE
6, IE 7, Safari, and Opera.
Unfortunately it doesn't work under Firefox 3.
Has anybody made this observation and found a solution to this problem?
Regards.

Re: Struts2 application doesn't work with Firefox 3

Posted by Pierrot52 <pi...@gmail.com>.
After spending several hours investigating I found that that problem was that
Firefox 3 does not properly load the *.js files and each time I have to hit
the Back button to see the file.
The files are loader correctly but Firefox does  not show them.
It works fine with Firefox 2 though and I've told my customers to wait until
there is a patch available from Mozilla to fix that problem.

Ciao

Posted by Pierrot52 <pi...@gmail.com>.
I'm sorry to have made you spent time. I think I just found what the problem
is. It seems Firefox was waiting for an answer to remember the password for
the logon screen. Unfortunately there was no indication whatsoever. I
reloaded the page several times and I've noticed it.

Thanks anyway for the reply.

Pierre.

Posted by Pierrot52 <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi georz

I made the changes and it works just great! I have datetimepicker and they
work.

I don't have tabbedpanel though.

Regards.

Pierre

Posted by georz1 <re...@gmail.com>.
I know the ajax theme loads a ton of javascript includes.  You might be able
to add manually just the ones you need for the datetimepicker to see if you
can get them to work.   Looking on the dojo support boards might help also.

Regards,
George

Posted by Pierrot52 <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi georz,

Posted by georz1 <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierrot52 <pi...@gmail.com>.
Yes,

Posted by georz1 <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierrot52 <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jim,

Unfortunately I thougth I had found the problem. Here is one of the JSP
files that causes problems.

As I said it works fine with Firefox 2.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p18280043/editNgasSingleBill.jsp
editNgasSingleBill.jsp

Thanks

Pierre

Posted by Jim Kiley <jh...@summa-tech.com>.

Posted by Pierrot52 <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Kiley <jh...@summa-tech.com>.

Posted by thogau <th...@thogau.net>.
Thanks for the link Dave, I can't test it right now but at least I have
something to show to my customers.
Frankly, I don't really get the 'why' it's not working and I don't get
eather why it's not failing in 100% of requests...
I simply hope the concerned folks will fix this so as I don't have to ask my
customers to tweak their browser if they want to use my software...

BTW here is the link for those like me who would spend time in searching it
in this list (it is in the dev list) :
http://dojotoolkit.org/support/faq/why-does-dojo-fail-load-file-urls-firefox-3

-----
http://www.thogau.net --thogau

Re: Struts2 application doesn't work with Firefox 3

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Pierrot52 <pi...@gmail.com>.
Again

My application works fine with Firefox 2, IE6, IE7, Opera 9.51, and Safari
3.1.2 but not with Firefox 3.

I reported the problem to Firefox 3 Mozilla and they told me that Firefox 3
works fine with Dojo 1.x

I agree but there are problems with Struts2 and with Dojo 0.4 that is
bundled with.

Until there is a workaround available other than redesign my whole
application I was told to make sure the application works fine with all the
browsers but Firefox 3.

Regards.

Posted by Pierrot52 <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Pierrot52 <pi...@gmail.com>.
Well, the application works fine with Firefox 2, Safari, Opera, IE6 and IE7
but not with Firefox 3.

What can I add more? Firefox 3 has a bug! I'm not going to debug my
application.

Regards.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

[1] http://dojotoolkit.org/support/faq/why-does-dojo-fail-load-file-urls-firefox-3