Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Rob Oxspring <ro...@imapmail.org> on 2002/06/25 12:46:57 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Newsletter Submissions

Id like to propose the following time scale for the June newsletter and
similar setup for subsequent ones.

1)    Content submissions in by end of sunday (midnight)

2)    I'll pull together whats there and post a draft copy to general@ on
the Monday (1st July)

3)    Then await edits and a lazy consensus and post final copy to
announcements@ on the Wednesday (3rd July)

Content should aim to summerise what's been going on in the various groups
throughout June, I used the most active threads for issue #0
(http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=general@jakarta.apache.
org&msgNo=12130) but this may miss out the occasional worthy decision /
change / vote, YMMV.  It would also be good to all be using the same
reference source so nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse for links to mail archives
where possible?

I guess submissions might as well go directly to me so that the draft has
something new for people to read.  Although as Ted Husted suggested -
discussion of content in the respective -dev lists would probably be a good
step prior to submission, and some sort of [news] subject prefix would be
appreciated for filtering.  If projects want to further subdivide (e.g.
commons / avalon) then they should organise it amongst themselves.

Could I have volunteers to organise / edit / submit on behalf of each -dev
list for June? I'd like to avoid a cross-post invitation to all -dev@ if at
all possible.

Rob

Re: [PROPOSAL] Newsletter Submissions

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
Another story from tomcat-dev would be that work on Jasper version 2 is
nearing completion.  The new version has significant performance improvements.

Regards,

Glenn

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Shouldn't the discussions of the what should go in the Tomcat newsletter
submission happen on the Tomcat-Dev list?

I believe the rest of us can wait and see what you decide to submit as
the newsletter entry =:0)

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Java Web Development with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services

Re: [PROPOSAL] Newsletter Submissions

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Rob Oxspring <ro...@imapmail.org> wrote:

> Could I have volunteers to organise / edit / submit on behalf of each -dev
> list for June? I'd like to avoid a cross-post invitation to all -dev@ if at
> all possible.

If you wan't to mention it, Pier's "flamewar of the month" is about having a
more reliable tomcat, rather than a feature overloaded one...

    Pier

--
[Perl] combines all the worst aspects of C and Lisp:  a billion of different
sublanguages in  one monolithic executable.  It combines the power of C with