Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Prasi S <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/10 07:25:34 UTC

Does configuration change requires Zookeeper restart?

Hi,
I have solrcloud with two collections. I have indexed 100Million docs to
the first collection.

I need some changes to the solr configuration files. Im going to index the
new data tot he second collection. What are the steps that i should follow?
Should i restart the zookeeper?

Pls suggest

Thanks,
Prasi

Re: Does configuration change requires Zookeeper restart?

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 9/10/2013 12:45 AM, Upayavira wrote:
> Upload changed config files to zookeeper, using the zookeeper cli, which
> I think is in example/cloud-scripts. Then use the collections api, over
> http, to reload the collection.

If you are on 4.3.1 or earlier, you'll need to restart Solr.  There's a
bug with RELOAD that's not fixed until 4.4.  You can't even reload the
cores individually.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Does configuration change requires Zookeeper restart?

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Upload changed config files to zookeeper, using the zookeeper cli, which
I think is in example/cloud-scripts. Then use the collections api, over
http, to reload the collection.

Upayavira