Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Andreas Grunewald <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/23 15:09:11 UTC

Xalan 2.7.0 in the Maven Repository is broken

Hello everybody,
I was wondering if I could get some assistance from the Xalan
Development Team on this issue.
We have a dependency on Xalan 2.7.0 in our legacy codebase that we are
just transforming into maven to make it easier for us to refactor and
to upgrade our dependencies. In this process I included Xalan 2.7.0
through the following Dependency in to our projects pom.

<dependency>
    <groupId>xalan</groupId>
    <artifactId>xalan</artifactId>
    <version>2.7.0</version>
    <type>jar</type>
    <scope>compile</scope>
</dependency>

However when I tried compiling I noticed issues with this dependency.
Upon further investigation I noticed that the Xalan 2.7.0 jar in the
Maven Repository does not match the official release.

After a little bit of research I filed a report with the Maven
Evangelism Project please see details here
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV-668

Doing a bit of research in the Mailing List Archives it seems that
this has been brought to the Lists attention already in 2006
http://marc.info/?l=xalan-dev&m=116559123205231
but no reply for followup was ever done. (at least not visible in the archives)

There is also an open issue on the XALAN  JRIA from 2007 with regards
to Xalan 2.7.1 and the Maven repo
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANJ-2417

I have worked around the issue by including the correct Xalan 2.7.0
jar into our local repository but I think it would be beneficial if
the Xalan dependency would be fixed.

Please consult
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html
with regards to Uploading to the Maven Repo, it shouldn't be much of
an issue automating this since Xalan is just as maven an apache
project.

Thank you very much,

Andreas

Re: Xalan 2.7.0 in the Maven Repository is broken

Posted by Andreas Grunewald <an...@gmail.com>.
Hey Michael,
no prob. I guess then let's wait for a commiter or anyone else that
has the mandate to authorize the Maven update :-)

Have a good weekend

-Andreas

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.

Posted by Andreas Grunewald <an...@gmail.com>.