Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> on 2001/09/05 04:01:44 UTC

Upcoming Tomcat 4.0 Final Release

I've just announced a release plan for Tomcat 4.0 (final release) on the
Tomcat developer's list.  Assuming it gets approved, you will see a final
release of Tomcat 4 on or about September 17, 2001.

How can you help?  By downloading the beta-7 release (or, better, a more
recent nightly build) and banging your applications against it.  Any bugs
you find should be reported (as soon as possible) to:

  http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

under product category "Tomcat 4", so that they can be addressed before
the final release.

There are two "release candidate" releases scheduled prior to the final
release, on September 9 and September 12.  It would be very helpful if
people would download and test these releases as well, to make sure we
don't break something while fixing something else.

Thanks for your help!

Craig McClanahan

Re: Upcoming Tomcat 4.0 Final Release

Posted by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu>.
I just wanted to say, thank you, to all the developers. I think you guys are
doing a great job. I had a chance to read through the docs more thoroughly
recently and I'm starting to get an idea of all the hard work you've been
putting in. I'm looking forward to using Tomcat 4 in our production
environment.

Thanks and great work.

Jon

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.