Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Drew Jorgenson <de...@omniplatform.com> on 2005/04/16 23:11:47 UTC

deploy WAR to /

Hey list,

I am trying to deploy a war file to tomcat 5.5.4 and naming the war file
ROOT.war and for some reason it is not getting deployed to / of the
virtual host that it's being deployed on.
Any suggestions?

Drew.

Re: deploy WAR to /

Posted by lu...@chipcity.com.au.
Hi,
16Apr2005 @ 14:11 Drew Jorgenson thusly spake
> I am trying to deploy a war file to tomcat 5.5.4 and naming the war file
> ROOT.war and for some reason it is not getting deployed to / of the
> virtual host that it's being deployed on.
> Any suggestions?

It'd certainly help if you'd post exactly what you've done and how.
The usual way to undertake this is to use ant to build your war file and copy it
to the webapps directory where tomcat deploys it.

Take a look at the ant manual:
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=ant+manual&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

hth,

kind regards,