Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by di...@codejawa.com on 2002/04/01 17:24:52 UTC

effect of static method in SOAP Server class?

Hello all,

I notice that in DeploymentDescriptor.xml, there is this entry:

<isd:java class="com.myClass" static="false"/>

and I've already tried successfully that I can set the methods inside
SOAP Server class to be static. Are there any rule of thumbs when I
should use static methods for SOAP Server classes, and when I should
use non-static? What are the benefits of each approach? Is
multi-threading issue would be relevant?

Thank you very much in advance.
--
Best regards,
 dion                          mailto:dion@codejawa.com

RE: effect of static method in SOAP Server class?

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.

One obvious point is that your static methods will have to
be Thread-safe since any number of requests may be processed
at "one time."

wbrogden@bga.com
Author of Soap Programming with Java - Sybex; ISBN: 0782129285

RE: effect of static method in SOAP Server class?

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.