Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Pulkit Singhal <pu...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/25 03:51:22 UTC

User registration and email confirmation on CouchDB

What are some good external tools / processes that can be integrated with
the _users DB for CouchDB and used to send out confirmation emails for new
user registrations?

Re: User registration and email confirmation on CouchDB

Posted by Wordit <wo...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 5:03 AM, Pulkit Singhal <pu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm still waiting for someone to tell me that they've already done it or an
> open source package on github exists.

A big "Me too" on this one. I'm also considering node rather than PHP
this time around.

Marcus

Re: User registration and email confirmation on CouchDB

Posted by Pulkit Singhal <pu...@gmail.com>.
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me that they've already done it or an
open source package on github exists. But in case that's not gonna happen,
I'm thinking that somehow using Node to watch over CouchDB and send emails
via http://documentation.mailgun.net/user_manual.html#sending-via-api would
be good.

Honestly if it could be as integrated (as Futon) for new user signups and
email confirmation, that would be just awesome. So I'm still sitting here
waiting fingers crossed to hear someone say that they've done it before!

Posted by Travis Paul <Tr...@visPaul.me>.

Posted by Jeff Charette <io...@yahoo.com>.