Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by heng du <du...@apache.org> on 2021/08/11 02:10:47 UTC

【DISCUSS】ASF Board Report for RocketMQ - August 2021

Hi, all,

Here is the draft of Apache RocketMQ Board Report - August 2021,

please have a review on it asap, and reply to the email if you want to add
something in it.

if no other sounds from our members in 72 hours, I would like to report it
to the board.

The mission of Apache RocketMQ is the creation and maintenance of software
related to a fast, low latency, reliable, scalable, distributed, easy to use
message-oriented middleware, especially for processing large amounts of
streaming data

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Membership Data:
Apache RocketMQ was founded 2017-09-20 (4 years ago)
There are currently 37 committers and 14 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 5:2.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. The last addition was Rongtong Jin on 2020-03-30.
- Zhimin Li was added as a committer on 2021-07-29
- Bo Zhou was added as a committer on 2021-06-08

## Project Activity:
ROCKETMQ-4.9.0 was released on 2021-06-15.
ROCKETMQ-CLIENT-GO-2.1.0 was released on 2021-03-23.
ROCKETMQ-SPRING-2.2.0 was released on 2021-01-22.

## Community Health:
The RocketMQ community has remained very healthy in the latest quarter,
with more and more developers participating and being more active, which
not only increased RocketMQ's own performance by 15% but also started
discussions, development of RocketMQ-Streams, Compared with last quarter:

dev@rocketmq.apache.org had a 95% increase in traffic in the past quarter
(3333 emails compared to 1703)
users@rocketmq.apache.org had a 34% decrease in traffic in the past quarter
(6 emails compared to 9)
203 commits in the past quarter (75% increase)
73 code contributors in the past quarter (62% increase)
235 PRs opened on GitHub, past quarter (60% increase)
267 PRs closed on GitHub, past quarter (164% increase)
276 issues opened on GitHub, past quarter (33% increase)
237 issues closed on GitHub, past quarter (54% increase)

Sander Striker <st...@apache.org> 于2021年8月11日周三 上午5:17写道: