Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by "Smith, Matthew" <Ma...@blackrock.com> on 2004/06/15 21:45:48 UTC

Using Sessions with the XMLHTTPRequest object

I having a problem using a session object in an epl file that is requested via the Javascript XMLHTTPRequest object (see http://developer.apple.com/internet/webcontent/xmlhttpreq.html for details on that).

For whatever I can't access the correct session cookie, so I pass the session id of the session object I wish to deal with and do the following:

<snip>
$r = shift;
$session = tied(%udat);
$session->setid($fdat{'session_id'});
</snip>

Thereafter %udat refers to the correct session object.
I then make changes to %udat.
If I use Data::Dumper on %udat I can see that my changes have been made.

However if I later access the same session object my changes are lost.  Whether reloading this page or accessing the %udat from a different page.

Can anyone offer any explanation?

Is there some special method to call to write %udat to disk?  I thought the tied hash has supposed to take care of all that...

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Using Html::Embperl 1.3.6 with mod_perl (perl 5.8)

-Matthew