Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ravi Prakash <ra...@ymail.com> on 2012/10/22 08:00:52 UTC

Re: Getting the configuration object for a MapReduce job from the DataNode

Hi Adrian,

Please use user@hadoop.apache.org for user-related questions

Which version of Hadoop are you using? Where do you want the object? In a map/reduce task? For the currently executing job or for a different job?

In 0.23, you can use the RM webservices. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-2863 . I'm sorry I wasn't able to find a hosted version of the documentation, but here's the source which ought to be built easily : http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/trunk/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/src/site/apt/HistoryServerRest.apt.vm?revision=1399289&view=markup . If you'd like the formatted HTML, just build the source using mvn site

HTH
Ravi