Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rémy <re...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/07 23:15:53 UTC

maven-assembly-plugin et dependencySet

Hi,

I've got a problem with the maven-assembly-plugin:2.2-beta-4 plugin. In the
POM, I set a reference to a descriptor.xml's file and some dependencies.
In the descriptor.xml file I defined <dependencySets> to spread dependencies
in folders. I noticed that by using the element <include> transitive
dependencies are not include.

<dependencySets>
  <dependencySet>
    <outputDirectory>/yyyyyy/lib</outputDirectory>
    <includes>
      <include>fr.zzzz:wwwwww</include>
    </includes>
    <unpack>false</unpack>
    <scope>runtime</scope>
  </dependencySet>

I can't find the dependencies of fr.zzzz:wwwwww in the folder /yyyyyy/lib.

Thanks.

Remy

Re: maven-assembly-plugin et dependencySet

Posted by Dirk Olmes <di...@xanthippe.ping.de>.
Rémy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a problem with the maven-assembly-plugin:2.2-beta-4 plugin. In the
> POM, I set a reference to a descriptor.xml's file and some dependencies.
> In the descriptor.xml file I defined <dependencySets> to spread dependencies
> in folders. I noticed that by using the element <include> transitive
> dependencies are not include.
>
> <dependencySets>
>   <dependencySet>
>     <outputDirectory>/yyyyyy/lib</outputDirectory>
>     <includes>
>       <include>fr.zzzz:wwwwww</include>
>     </includes>
>     <unpack>false</unpack>
>     <scope>runtime</scope>
>   </dependencySet>
>
> I can't find the dependencies of fr.zzzz:wwwwww in the folder /yyyyyy/lib.

I recently fell into the trap that I used the dependencySet but never
actually had a dependency declared on that artifact in my POM. Maybe
that's your case, too?

Watch the build log, if you specify invalid dependencies, the assembly
plugin will complain.

-dirk