Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Benjamin Cuthbert <cu...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/07 15:52:26 UTC

kafka offset not working

All

Our kafka consumer has the group.id property but when we receive messages
on the channel when not connect and then reconnect we don't get the message.

The kafka console consumer when running "-group testben" works perfectly
fine.

Is there some other place to setup flink to read from the latest offset?

Re: kafka offset not working

Posted by Benjamin Cuthbert <cu...@gmail.com>.
So looks like checkpoints are not working, each time a job is stopped and
started it is a different checkpoint. Using savepoints manually seems to
work if you do a call to save the savepoint and then run it with -s
savepoint location. Why does checkpoints not work?

Re: kafka offset not working

Posted by Eduardo Winpenny Tejedor <ed...@gmail.com>.