Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2014/01/14 22:30:58 UTC

Draft of document corruption survey

http://survey.openoffice.org/index.php/334187/lang-en

The idea here is to have a systematic way to collect information
related to the "hash mark" issue that we see reported from some users.
 If we can point the users to a survey like this, we can collect all
the relevant information in one place and hopefully detect the
patterns and narrow down the possible causes.

There is more I need to do on the finer details of the survey, to add
some screen shots, fix up the next, make some fields context sensitive
(only ask Windows version for Windows users, for example).

But I'd like to see if there are any top-level things I should change?
 Any new additional questions, for example?

Feel free to try it out, enter some data, etc.  But don't use it for
real reports yet since I'm planning on tossing out any test data and
starting the survey over again when ready.

Regards,

-Rob

Re: Draft of document corruption survey

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.
On the second page the question: What kind of document were you trying
to load?
Should allow for multiple selections because when you have multiple
documents open
when OpenOffice crashes it opens all these documents after a successful
recovery.

Posted by 許哲崇 <fi...@gmail.com>.
The purpose, for example:

1. Work

2. Fun

3. Charity

Posted by Steve Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Rob,

I forgot on previous response:

Amount of RAM

Size of document(s)

Other applications running

Steve
Sent from my iPad

Re: Draft of document corruption survey

Posted by 許哲崇 <fi...@gmail.com>.
The purpose:
1. Work
2. Fun
3. Charity
4. Evil

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steve Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Rob,

Posted by FR web forum <oo...@free.fr>.
Good idea!
Do you want to translate this survey in another language?
You can rely on the NL forums