Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@develooper.com> on 2002/11/01 00:14:11 UTC

Re: [OTish] Version Control?

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 siberian@siberian.org wrote:

[...]
> I guess in your book we suck either way eh? Life goes on
> :)

You'll change your ways when you get more servers.  :-)

It's not "easy enough" for the script to do anything if the "base
system installations" are not very similar.  If they are; then it's
much easier to distribute binaries.  If they are not then that's the
first thing you'll change as you add servers above what is managable
otherwise.

You are right, that if your software runs on many uncontrolled small
groups of servers, then it's likely easier to recompile for each
box.

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/ !try; do();