Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Pieter Martin <Pi...@virginmobile.co.za> on 2006/05/02 07:34:13 UTC

RE: small doubt with jetspeed

Hi

We are using MySQL.

I build the app using mavin from the binaries. I have attached my build.properties file.

To be honest I can not remember exactly what I did but it to took me a long time. Basically I kept changing property files i.e. jetspeed.properties, springSomething.properties, till maven returned succesfully.

We are running jetspeed now on JBoss and it seems fine. I managed to deploy jetspeed as an ear. The important part is to have all your portlet wars including jetspeed.war. in our case renamed to virginportal.

<application>
 <display-name>Catalog</display-name>
 <module>
  <web>
   <web-uri>virginportal.war</web-uri>
   <context-root>/virginportal</context-root>
  </web>
 </module>
 <module>
  <web>
   <web-uri>jsf-simplest.war</web-uri>
   <context-root></context-root>
  </web>
 </module>
 <module>
  <ejb>jsf-simplest.jar</ejb>
 </module>
 <module>
  <java>yannitech-common.jar</java>
 </module>
 </application>

the trick was to have an empty <context-root></context-root> and to restart JBoss.

Hotdeploy does not seem to work.

Personally I think getting started with Jetspeed is super unuserfriendly, and the documentation sucks.

Cheers
Pieter