Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by David Remahl <ch...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/07 04:50:26 UTC

ATT: maxb, Corrupt repository, lost __db files

Hi. After a system crash, I found one of my repositories to be
completely hosed. No recovery methods worked (svnadmin recover,
db_recover with various options). The reason seems to be that the __db
files have gone missing.

The repository is using 1.0.5 and BDB 4.2. It has 318 revisions in it
(IIRC) and is between 200 and 300 MB.

I was told on #svn that someone ("maxb"?) on this list may be able to
restore some of my repository. Therefore, I have compressed a the
repository and put it here:

http://chmod007.csbnet.se/~chmod007/public.tgz

I would appreciate it if you could have a look.

/ Sincerely, David Remahl

Re: ATT: maxb, Corrupt repository, lost __db files

Posted by Tobias Ringström <to...@ringstrom.mine.nu>.
David Remahl wrote:

>Hi. After a system crash, I found one of my repositories to be
>completely hosed. No recovery methods worked (svnadmin recover,
>db_recover with various options). The reason seems to be that the __db
>files have gone missing.
>
>The repository is using 1.0.5 and BDB 4.2. It has 318 revisions in it
>(IIRC) and is between 200 and 300 MB.

I have successfully recovered all your data (which was actually 357
revisions). I bet you can do it yourself by removing db/log.* and
running "db_recover -c" in the db directory. Since you've had problems
with the repository, I'd "svnadmin dump" the old repository and
"svnadmin load" it into a newly created repository.

If you're not successful, just let me know and I'll put the dumpfile
somewhere so you can download it.

/Tobias