Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Joshua McKenzie <jm...@apache.org> on 2020/04/22 16:39:59 UTC

Discussion: addition to CEP guide

Link to CEP guide:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=95652201

Currently the CEP guide reads:
-------

*A CEP should contain the following sections: *

   -

   *Scope,*
   -

   *Goals (and non-goals),*
   -

   *Description of Approach,*
   -

   *Timeline,*
   -

   *Mailing list / Slack channels,*
   -

   *Related JIRA tickets.*

------
What does everyone think about adding another bullet item as follows:

   - A test plan covering performance, correctness, failure, and boundary
   conditions (as applicable)

------
Or some variation thereof. I personally think it's worth calling out "We
should think about and discuss how we're going to test something from a
high level collectively before we dive into it", since we've had some pain
in the past in that area.

Thoughts?

Re: Discussion: addition to CEP guide

Posted by Sumanth Pasupuleti <su...@gmail.com>.