Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com> on 2014/11/19 15:41:38 UTC

Determining the "Active" status of a cluster

Hi,

Given the list of members in a cluster, we can determine the number of
active members and their partition ids. This in turn can be used to
determine the min count of each partition.

Can it be said that the particular cluster is "Active", if the number of
"Active" members are equal to the sum of the min counts of the partitions?

Or should it be that each partition should have a number of "Active"
members equal to the min count of each?

Regards,
Chamila de Alwis
Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com

Re: Determining the "Active" status of a cluster

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi Sajith,

>From UI side it considers active when there is atleast one active member.
CLI has implemented it in a different manner.

--

Udara Liyanage
Software Engineer

web: http://udaraliyanage.wordpress.com
phone: +94 71 443 6897

Re: Determining the "Active" status of a cluster

Posted by Sajith Kariyawasam <sa...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>.

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.