Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2005/09/19 16:32:17 UTC

[M2] Out of memory exceptions

We get out of memory exceptions while trying to do a fresh build of
Cocoon (it consists of approx 60 sub projects with several dependencies).
Invoking the build after the OOM occured then builds the remaining parts
of the project.

Is there any way to increase the memory for m2? Is setting the usual
java memory properties the right way?

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: [M2] Out of memory exceptions

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Brett Porter wrote:
> Though the devs are interested to hear what memory usage you were
> encountering...
>
> Cocoon could be a good test case to see if we can reduce the amount of
> memory used.

:)

The more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that m2
might have a memory leak. I can't rebuild Cocoon in one run due to a OOM
in the middle of the build, but on the second run it works.

WDYT?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Though the devs are interested to hear what memory usage you were
encountering...

Cocoon could be a good test case to see if we can reduce the amount of
memory used.

- Brett

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <fo...@neonics.com>.
On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

Yes, set the environment variable MAVEN_OPTS; it's value is passed
as JVM arguments.

Btw this is a typical user question, you best use the users list for these
types of questions.

-- Kenney

> We get out of memory exceptions while trying to do a fresh build of
> Cocoon (it consists of approx 60 sub projects with several dependencies).
> Invoking the build after the OOM occured then builds the remaining parts
> of the project.
>
> Is there any way to increase the memory for m2? Is setting the usual
> java memory properties the right way?
>
> Carsten
>
> --
> Carsten Ziegeler - Open Source Group, S&N AG
> http://www.s-und-n.de
> http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com