Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/01 03:41:21 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] undefined reference to tls client method

On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 7:22 AM, David Benfell <
benfell@mail.parts-unknown.org> wrote:

> On 11/30/2013 04:51 AM, Igor Cicimov wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> I have exactly the same problem on CentOS-5.10 with openssl1.0.1e.
>> It seams you are indicating your openssl installation from source
>> went wrong somewhere. This is how I compiled and installed openssl
>> from source:
>>
>> $ ./Configure --prefix=/usr/local --openssldir=/usr/local/openssl
>> enable-tlsext linux-x86_64 threads zlib enable-idea enable-rc5
>> enable-mdc2 enable-ec shared $ make depend $ make $ sudo make
>> install
>>
>> still apache ab tool seams linking to wrong library during compile
>>  although I have given --with-ssl=/usr/local/openssl as location
>> in the configure step. Can you provide more details on how did you
>> exactly solve the problem?
>>

> I have it posted here:
>
> https://disunitedstates.org/wiki/index.php/Openssl
>
> To build openssl, I do:
>
> ./config --prefix=/usr --openssldir=/etc/ssl --libdir=lib64 \
> && make && make test && sudo make install
>
> This overwrites the CentOS version and you will want to tell yum to
> ignore openssl.

Thanks for the reply David. But what if I don't want to overwrite the
existing openssl install since I lets say need it for other some
applications? Isn't what the "--with-ssl" option is suppose to do, point
apache to the right place to look for the libraries during the compile time?